Most common mistakes that our patients do is to change their toothbrush regularly. We believe that you should change your toothbrush every three months. Because,
- Toothbrushes just simply wear out.
- It is often worn enough to be replaced before it looks worn.
- Bristles breakdown and lose their effectiveness.
- Worn and fractured bristles, though not visible to naked eye are breeding ground for germs & bacteria.
- Worn toothbrush can cause damage to the gum tissues.
- Worn toothbrush can also roughen the enamel causing tooth wear.
- Change your toothbrush after having cold/flu.